How do I start my own nonprofit/volunteer program for teens?
When I was 13 I started my own teen volunteer group in my hometown. It was very successful and I was very good at organizing it and actually loved what I was doing. It’s been more than 10 years now and I’m living in Austin TX. I would really like to start a legitimate volunteer teen outreach program to get kids involved with their community but don’t know what steps I need to take to get this idea off the ground. Any suggestions?
1) Arrange for the local newspaper to run a story about your new community volunteer program. Provide them with your plans and arrange a date for an initial meeting of interested parties.
2) Determine which projects you want to pursue first. A volunteer program can exist to support a specific venue, like a hospital or a home meal-delivery program, or it can expand to offer services in many areas, even in school classrooms and animal shelters. Make a list of your top 6 choices, then whittle it down to the 3 most important. Start there and diversify as your numbers grow.
3) Elect officers from the parties that show up at the first meeting. You will need a secretary, a treasurer, a president and vice president. You may want to serve in one of those positions, or remain as an active coordinator that oversees the progress at this point. Set tentative dates for regular meetings once or twice a month, and determine where they will be held.
4) Start recruiting volunteers. You will need to provide clear and concise training and guidelines to follow. Screen candidates for your community volunteer program carefully, making notes about the time they have to donate, and their background in volunteer services. You need to determine the level of their commitment to your volunteer program.
5) Thank everyone who offers their time and plan an end-of-the-year awards ceremony to honor the top volunteers. As your membership grows, so will your program’s good name in the community.
How do I look up people that died in the areas?
Ex: Somebody died around the area awhile back and want to find out how they died. Tried researching but did not find anything. It is located in Austin, TX. Is there a specific words I have to use in order to get an accurate info.
If you know when they died, your best bet is to go to the local public library and look up the dead person’s name in the local newspaper’s obituaries page.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Comments are closed.